Thursday, December 20, 2012

Exploring Advent and Christmas continues!

I have so enjoyed all of the great ideas that have been posted on this link-up party! It's been like opening up a present each time someone has entered a post. Here are some of the things that have caught my eye since returning from Holland.

April from April's Homemaking shared this beautiful Star of Bethlehem ornament that she made out of discs cut from last year's Christmas tree! It is definitely on my list for next year's Advent Club crafts.


Hillary from Featherglen shared her St. Nicholas story that she told at the Advent Club she organized for the children in her life. She also has lots of other ideas in the post about how to bring St. Nicholas to life!



Hanna at Like Mama - Like Daughter has a treasure chest of Christmas ideas at her blog. I especially liked this thumbprint Christmas tree for the younger ones. Such tactile fun - in fact, I think I might like to try it myself!


Kat from Mom on the go in Holy Toledo also has a ton of great St. Nicholas ideas. My favorite was this cut and paste puzzle for preschoolers.



Mama from You know what Mama . . . has been telling different Bible stories for each day of Advent. Below is a beautiful watercolor placemat that she used for the Creation Story.


Lacy from Catholic Icing posted this amazingly simple and delicious Baby Jesus cookie idea. I already showed it to my son and we are planning on doing it at our Christmas Eve Brunch!



And last, but not least, Storyteller from Wonderful in an Easter Kind of Way shared about how she picked out some very meaningful gifts, like the Advent Magnet Set below,  for her godchildren.


(Linked up to Friday's Nature Table at The Magic Onions)

Please keep sharing your ideas for Advent and Christmas with us

I'll be posting each week until New Year's. We all love to have a pool of ideas to gather from, so please share old or new posts. 


If you participate, please link back to Explore and Express. Feel free to grab the button below or in the side bar. 





By participating in the link party, you give me permission to share your photos in weekly highlights.


Please do not link giveaways or advertisements for commercial items. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me on this roundup :) You're a great encourager!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including my post in your features. :) I have really enjoyed reading everyone's advent ideas!

    ReplyDelete