Thursday, April 17, 2014

In our sketchbooks . . .

If you read our last post, you know that we've been spending a lot of time at the hospital. Between visits to Grandpapa, we've managed to make some art. 

This is a picture inspired by sketches of trees that I saw on furniture at the Art Nouveau Museum here in Berlin.


And another phoenix. The phoenix is an ancient symbol of Christ's resurrection that I have been exploring during Lent. 


This is the Michaelis Kloster (St. Michael's Monastery) in Hildesheim, Germany that I recently visited.


My 10-year-old made a linocut of some Marvel superheroes. Guess who?


And my 8-year-old loves cupcakes and horses.




We're joining Friday Sketches at Dion Dior's beautiful blog
Dion Dior

2 comments:

  1. Sheila, your blog posts are so meaningful for me this week. This is my first Easter without my dh but I believe he is at an eternal Easter place. I love your beautiful trees in the painting and your children's art. I hope your f.i.l. is recuperating nicely and you will all enjoy the Easter Sunday ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Faye! I will be thinking of you during Eastertide - you are a wonderful inspiration with how you are embracing this new season of life.

    ReplyDelete