Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday Shout Outs!

It's time for Saturday Shout Outs! again, in which I pass on some articles that got my attention this week. 

by Art of Education
This is an interesting article about getting students to observe before they start drawing - to draw what is really there and not just what they think they see. My favorite part is the use of the biology skeleton that most schools have hanging around somewhere.

Salz (Salt)
by Naturkinder
A science experiment leads to art. How cool is that?

How to make a Senet Board
by Adventures in Mommydom
This is a fun way to explore Ancient Egypt. Here Tisha reconstructs a board game with her children that the ancient Egyptians played.

Would Maria Montessori have approved? 
Technology for Montessori Teachers
by The Father Life
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the ideas in this article, since I am definitely for limiting technology with children. But there are some interesting ideas here to ponder.

by Playfull Theology
Do we enter into the full story of the Old Testament or do we treat it like a cafeteria, picking and choosing? Or like a TV series where we can miss an episode or two? A question that concerns me for the children I teach, especially since we can't meet weekly to build continuity.

How about you? What caught your eye this week? Leave a link in the comments so we can all enjoy it.


1 comment:

  1. Interesting topics. I am going to check them out. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete