Thursday, June 13, 2013

Work in Progress

Here's an update on the painting that evolved out of some of my sketches.



Right here my husband pointed out to me that the woman's forehead was way too high, so I remeasured the dimensions and repainted the hairline. It's always helpful to have a "second opinion" when painting faces, because you can stare at something for so long that your judgement gets impaired. 



It's almost finished. I have to figure out what to do with the butterflies, and add some eyelashes. I also have had feedback to work a little more on the nose. 



Here are some of my art "tutors" these days:

Sharon Tomlinson at All Norah's Art. Her paintings of faces are exquisite and I hope to take one of her e-courses in the fall. 

Eric T. Francis on You Tube. I love this guy's encouraging spirit. If you listen to him long enough, you will start to believe that you can draw or paint anything. He shares so many wonderful secrets about painting faces and skin tones. 

Free e-books on ArtGraphica. There are books here about everything from shading to drawing horses. 

The internet has so many amazing resources for people like me who don't have the time to attend a class! 


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful piece of art! I wish I had half the skills. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete